Friday, September 27, 2013

Melbourne - Dubai - Italy

A few tears were shed going though the big doors at tullamarine... Husbands gone in a matter of three weeks!! It's a good thing the girls had me to keep them focused in the task at hand... And might I say, the goodbyes could've cost so much more.... Who would have thought that taking a selfie with my girls could cost $5000.00? Good thing the guard was nice and gave the girls a warning. I'm not too sure if I'm over thinking it... But I got the distinct impression he was ignoring me.

Talk about long flight! 14 hour flight of which only the last 20 mins had any form of light.... In all seriousness, it was the longest night I have EVER had. Things I have learnt so far.... Eye masks are effective..... And Nelle can't speak softly... Hmm... I will have to keep an eye on this!

The food was awesome, I mean, they kept fresh fruit baskets in the galley (which was right around the corner) and we could help ourselves as much as we liked.

While Desma slept and Nelle watched NCIS, Big Bang Theory and the Disney channel, I watched people.... I noticed that the all important social rules about personal space a broken the moment you step on a plane... I mean.. Where else do you Wake up to having someone else's morning breath puffing into your face... Oh and that's before you know their names. Then there are those funny routines ...those who moisturise on the hour, every hour. The lady in the pink top who would do laps of the plane until her 'specific' toilet became available. Oh what fun to watch others!

Landing in Italy was great... The best news all day. Rome is really busy. The seems to be no rhyme or reason to the traffic, but people still seem to get around. A place where modern, renaissance and anchoring buildings merge and intermingle together.

Anyway.. Sleep time now... Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment