Friday, October 4, 2013

Assisi

After the hustle and bustle of Rome, we were glad to catch the train to Assisi.  Those Roman soldiers were so bossy.  Even in my toga they didn't give me the respect I deserved.   I keep on hearing mum, "oh how I love the peaceful Umbrian countryside, what a refreshIng change."   Talk about change   Here I am changing into anew outfit  to join my friends around Assisi.  Sure are plenty of us monks here in Assisi, continuing on the work of St Francis.  Mum loves waking up to the bells ringing and nuns singing in our 14th century monastery. Nell and I are a little worried that she may defect to Roman Catholicism. But we will keep an eye on her.  Oh those Umbrian sunsets. Mum insisted Nell and I had to sit it out on the terrace of the monastery till night fall. "Oh the serenity of it all."
My roman outfit no longer suits
Don't look!! No peeking!!




















No comments:

Post a Comment